Welcome to Global Home Warranties Careers page.
Welcome to Global Home Warranties Careers page.
JOB TITLE: Building Surveyor / Inspector - IRELAND
POSITION: Full Time – Temporary Contract
HOUR OF WORK: Monday – Friday 35 hours
LOCATION: Working remotely to cover the counties: South Dublin (subject to change).
REPORTING TO: Managing Surveyor
SALARY: Please refer to Employment Contract
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 months
Reporting Relationships and outline of the role:
We require a highly motivated, enthusiastic Building Surveyor/ Inspector to join our existing team at Global Home Warranties Ltd. The Building Survey team are responsible completing Stock condition Surveys in line with the contractual needs of our client, with occasional cover for carrying out warranty risk assessments on new build properties. You will ensure that properties meet Building Regulations and Housing (standards for rental houses) Regulations 2019. The successful candidate will be working towards meeting weekly KPIs in accordance with the clients needs, with Administration support provided for the Building Survey team. The company will provide support and guidance through the training and mentoring to become a registered Building Surveyor if required. As brand ambassador, Global Home Warranties Building Surveyors ensure our company values and ethos are promoted at all times.
1. Inspection of privately rented properties in the respective region as mentioned above. You are required to carry out stock condition surveys at each property.
2. Reports are required on every property inspection using the application as supplied by the client.
3. Liaising with the Administration team who will book appointments, Landlords and Tenants for access to properties and with Client regarding issues.
4. Administration – the team will use a scheduling system to book in appointments for the building survey team. You will have full access to see the appointments and will be required to report any issues such as no access to a tenants property etc.
5. Report writing – this should be thorough and professional and contain all necessary information required. Training is provided and audit checks will be carried out. You will be required to report photograph evidence at times. Reports are written and returned electronically on a bespoke system, training also provided.
6. Inspections – you are responsible for carrying out inspections of private rented dwellings, which will have tenants present. You will inspecting the property to ensure that they meet the Housing (standards for rental houses) Regulations 2019. You may be required to report confidentially to the client/ Global on any other matters of concern, and adhere to all safeguarding policies.
7. Non Compliance – if an inspection indicates a area(s) that are not compliant with the Housing (standards for rental houses) Regulations 2019 then details of which should be recorded on the report. If there are serious breaches of Health and Safety then these should be treated with the upmost urgency, reporting to the Managing Surveyor/ Contracts Manager and subsequently the client. Re-inspections will be required to ensure all non compliance issues are resolved.
8. KPIs – ensuring that targets set by the company and client are met in a timely, professional manner. All systems / equipment and support are provided to ensure you are able to meet the target and client needs.
As and when required - Structural Warranty Inspections;
9. Carrying out site inspections for 10 year structural warranty insurance cover on new build dwellings. This involves inspecting the dwellings at various stages during construction and liaising with builders on any technical issues or sub-standard/remedial works.
10. Inspecting existing properties and preparing condition survey reports.
11. Assessing building defects and compiling expert reports for clients.
12. Investigating structural issues and rainwater ingress claims.
13. Using bespoke GHW systems to log reports and work in a timely manner.
14. You may be required to liaise occasionally with clients and customers to organise visits, managing your own online diary.
15. Any other duties as and when required by Directors or Management.
The role is performed remotely, and all relevant equipment is provided to enable you to perform your role to the best of your abilities.
Essential Competencies/ Knowledge and Skills required for the role:
1. Must hold a Building Surveyor, Structural/Civil Engineer, or Architect with recognised University degree to NFQ Level 8/EQF Level 6 or an equivalent.
2. It is essential that you have experience of surveying private residential properties.
3. Must have a working knowledge of the current Building and Housing (standards for rental houses) Regulations 2019 and other relevant housing regulations.
4. Full Drivers licence.
5. Desirable: candidates are registered Building Surveyor or working towards.
6. Customer service focused displaying excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Strong organisational and time management skills.
8. Ability to prioritise work in order to meet strict deadlines.
9. Maintain a high level of accuracy paying close attention to detail.
10. Work effectively on own initiative in a pressurised environment and as part of a team with minimum supervision.
11. IT literate and proficient user of MS packages.
12. Must be able to think clearly and solve problems.
13. Must have interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to work and other people.
14. Customer focused gaining client’s trust and respect through their professional conduct.
15. Thinks and acts in a proactive way displaying effective time management.
16. Accountable and responsible, maintaining client confidentiality at all times.
17. Willingness to travel across Ireland/ UK (i.e training courses).
18. Any other duties that are required.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
• Take reasonable care the Health and Safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your actions.
• Work in a safe manner and observe the Company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures.
• Report to your manager/ Health and Safety manager any incidents that have led to or could have led to injury or an accident or have affected the environment.
• Report all injuries promptly that occur to yourself at work and obtain the necessary first aid treatment.
• Ensure that you work with managers and the Company to achieve a healthy and safe workplace environment.
• Help in the investigation of accidents in order to prevent recurrence.
• Ensure that you observe the company handbook and maintain a professional image at all times, and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations in the office.
• Set an example of safe, correct behaviour at all times whilst on sites or in the office.
• Report any hazard / defect you may observe promptly to your immediate manager.
• Report any shortcomings in systems of work or procedures to your manager.
• Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare or yourselves or your work colleagues.
• To comply with safe systems of work at all times
• To advise managers when not trained for tasks you are being asked to carry out.
• Adhere to safe driving procedures.
• All above applicable on sites and in office.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.